What is Youth Leadership Collierville?
• A community leadership program that will assist talented students who want to:
• Discover various leadership styles
• Learn more about the challenges facing their school and community
• Become more involved in Collierville
• Assume leadership roles within their school and community
• Gain a better understanding of the various aspects of our community and how they all work together
WHO CAN APPLY?
High school sophomores, juniors & seniors currently living or attending school in Collierville (including public, private, and home school students).
Students must have:
• A desire & time to engage and serve in Collierville
• A school attendance record of 90 percent or higher.
A selection committee will review completed applications to form a class of motivated, concerned students who have the desire to improve their school and community.
Tuition of $300 is due before the first class day. Tuition may be paid by check or by credit card using PayPal. Click the “Donate” button below to use Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
The program will consist of 8 sessions, with graduation in June. Each student will also be required to complete 10 volunteer service hours from December through March. Students will be expected to attend all of the sessions to successfully reach all of the objectives of the program necessary for graduation. It is very important for students to make the commitment to the program to attend each class day. Only one excused absence is accepted to be able to graduate.
It is the responsibility of the parents and students to provide their own transportation to and from program locations unless otherwise noted.
- Orientation December
- Leadership Retreat January
- Town Government February
- Diversity February
- Community Involvement Day March
- Business Etiquette/Finance April
- Entrepreneurship /Technology May
- Call to Action & Graduation June
***Deadline for applications is November 30, 2020***