What is Youth Leadership Collierville?
• A community leadership program that will assist talented students who want to:
• Discover various leadership styles
• Learn more about the challenges facing their school and community
• Become more involved in Collierville
• Assume leadership roles within their school and community
• Gain a better understanding of the various aspects of our community and how they all work together
WHO CAN APPLY?
High school students currently living or attending school in Collierville (including public, private, and home school students).
Students must have:
• A desire & time to engage and serve in Collierville
• A commitment to attend classes
• A school attendance record of 90 percent or higher.
A selection committee will review completed applications to form a class of motivated, concerned students who have the desire to improve their school and community.
Tuition of $350 is due before the first class day and after you are invited to join the class.
The program will consist of 8 sessions, with graduation in May. Each student will also be required to complete 10 volunteer service hours from September through April. Students will be expected to attend all of the sessions to successfully reach all of the objectives of the program necessary for graduation. It is very important for students to make the commitment to the program to attend each class day. Only one excused absence (8hours) is accepted to be able to graduate.
It is the responsibility of the parents and students to provide their own transportation to and from program locations unless otherwise noted.
- Leadership Retreat
- Town Government
- Community Involvement Day
- Business Etiquette/Finance
- Entrepreneurship /Technology
- Call to Action & Graduation
***Deadline for applications August 1, 2022***