What is Youth Leadership Collierville?
• A community leadership program that will assist talented students who want to:
• Discover various leadership styles
• Learn more about the challenges facing their school and community
• Become more involved in Collierville
• Assume leadership roles within their school and community
• Gain a better understanding of the various aspects of our community and how they all work together
WHO CAN APPLY?
High school sophomores and juniors currently living or attending school in Collierville (including public, private, and home school students).
Students must have:
• An overall grade point average of 3.0 or better.
• A school attendance record of 90 percent or higher.
A selection committee will review completed applications to form a class of motivated, concerned students who have the desire to improve their school and community.
Tuition of $350 is due before the first class day. Tuition may be paid by check or by credit card using PayPal. Click the “Donate” button below to use Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
The program will consist of 7 sessions at various locations, with graduation in April. Each student will also be required to complete 10 volunteer service hours from September through March. Students will be expected to attend all of the sessions to successfully reach all of the objectives of the program necessary for graduation. It is very important for students to make the commitment to the program to attend each class day. Only one excused absence is accepted to be able to graduate.
It is the responsibility of the parents and students to provide their own transportation to and from program locations unless otherwise noted.
- Orientation August
- Leadership/Team-building Day August
- Public Safety Day October
- Business & Economics Day November
- Community Involvement Day December
- Town Government Day January
- Diversity Day February
- Youth Leadership Service Day March
- Graduation April
***Deadline for applications is June 30, 2020***